2020 MEN’S FIELD – NOVEMBER 25-27
2020 WOMEN’S FIELD – NOVEMBER 28-30
Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic
The Sanford Pentagon is honored to host the inaugural Bad Boy Mowers Crossover Classic. This NCAA Division I college basketball tournament runs Nov. 25-30 in Sioux Falls, S.D.
The men’s field features Memphis, Northern Iowa, South Dakota State, Saint Mary’s, Utah State, Virginia Commonwealth, West Virginia, and Western Kentucky. Those programs boast a combined:
- 131 NCAA Tournament appearances
- 39 Sweet 16 appearances
- 6 Final Four appearances
The women’s field consists of Gonzaga, South Carolina, and South Dakota. Those programs have a combined:
- 41 NCAA Tournament appearances
- 24 Sweet 16 appearances
- 5 Final Four appearances
What safety measures will be in place to prevent COVID-19 from spreading during the tournament?
We’re committed to managing this tournament in a highly controlled environment with strict safety protocols. In consultation with our teams of infection control experts and infectious disease physicians, the following safety expectations will be in place for the tournament:
- Fans and staff
- Fans will not be allowed.
- Staff will be subject to undergo a wrist-based temperature check prior to entry and will be required to wear masks.
- All members of each team’s traveling party must have a negative COVID-19 test within two days of traveling to Sioux Falls.
- Each member will be tested immediately upon arrival in Sioux Falls, 24 hours before their first competition and once more before the final day of play.
- All members will enter the building using a separate entrance and will only have access to the lower level of the facility.
- All members will remain in a controlled environment throughout their stay.
How are safety decisions being made?
Jeremy Cauwels, M.D., senior vice president of quality at Sanford Health, is also a member of the NCAA COVID-19 Medical Advisory Group. The committee is responsible for providing guidance to NCAA schools regarding training, practice and competition. He is leading safety planning along with a team of infectious disease experts.
Pentagon adds pro-quality highlight reels for athletes
Hudl video partnership offers streaming, coaching, recruiting benefits amid pandemic and beyond
Sanford provides COVID-19 testing for NBA All-Star events
Sanford Health lab crew in Atlanta administered more than 500 tests in one weekend
Sanford Pentagon makes name as safe place to play
College basketball games go on during COVID-19 with help from health system